I don’t live near a Soma boutique but want to buy a new bra off of your website. Can I measure myself to find the right size?
Yes! If you can’t make it to a Soma boutique for a complimentary fitting by one of our trained fit stylists, it’s easy to measure yourself at home – all you need is a measuring tape! Soma has a unique online calculator and instructional video that makes it easy to learn how to correctly measure your band and cup sizes to find your perfect fitting bra.
Remember that your bra size is a guide. Just as you may wear different clothing sizes depending on the style or cut of a garment, you might need to try a few bra sizes to find your perfect fit. With 32 sizes of bras, from 32A-42DDD, Soma offers a gorgeous assortment of stylish prints, comfortable styles and fashionable colors.
The Chicago Tribune recently named Soma’s Vanishing Edge Panty their favorite for banishing dreaded panty lines! Out of the 8 brands tested, Vanishing Edge’s “seamless seat” and “fun and flattering cuts, colors and patterns” reigned supreme!
You may have seen my August post about Living Beyond Breast Cancer. In that post, I give bra style suggestions for women who have had mastectomies. We recently heard from Carolyn, one of our fabulous Soma customers who had a single side mastectomy three years ago. In honor of breast cancer awareness month, she treated herself to our Vanishing Back Wirefree Bra. Here’s a quote from her letter:
Wow, do I look great in this thing!
This bra is so high quality, so smooth and soft. Best of all, it makes my shape so sexy! All lumps and bumps of the back fat are gone and no overspill. So comfortable I love that it is available in a wireless and lightly padded version. I had a single side mastectomy with reconstruction three years ago and cannot wear wires. I need the molded cups to hide the incision line on one side, and now the silicone cutlet to even out the difference in the breast sizes due to weight gain (thanks to early menopause and medications).
Carolyn, congratulations on surviving breast cancer and thanks for sharing your story with us. Soma, and our sister brands, White House Black Market and Chico’s, are supporters of Living Beyond Breast Cancer. Over the years, I have become quite close to LBBC and have learned first-hand the wonderful things they do for women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. Their goal is to provide information and support for all women living with and beyond the disease, including the over 200,000 women diagnosed each year. This year, from October 21-23, Soma will donate $1 for every bra sold in our boutiques and online (up to $15,000) to Living Beyond Breast Cancer, a non-profit organization that empowers women affected by breast cancer to live as long as possible with the best quality of life. To learn more about our Giving is Beautiful October campaign, please click here.
Want to know the trick to creating smooth curves under fall knits? Here are a few tips:
- If you’re wearing a thin or clingy sweater, look for a bra with smooth and seamless contour cups like Soma’s best-selling Allura or the Vanishing Back Full Coverage or new Wirefree styles.
- To avoid adding bulk when wearing heavy sweaters made of thicker yarns, try a minimizer, like Soma’s Susana Bra, which redistributes the breast tissue for a less projected shape.
- Love V-neck sweaters but think they’re too low-cut for work? Try a Cami Bra which adds coverage without adding bulk at the waist or hips.
- For a no-show look, remember to match your bra to your skin tone when wearing fall’s gorgeous winter white, beige and camel tones.
- Two big trends for Fall 2012 are the Boyfriend Cardigan and Wrap Sweater. I’m currently obsessed with Soma’s new Payton Wrap Sweater, which looks great over a Fab Cami, with or without a belt. I also love Soma’s chic leopard print Purrfect Boyfriend Cardigan over leggings.