Is choosing the right bra a mystery? Do you know which bra to wear with your outfits? Does your lingerie company talk to you in bra speak? Soma believes in being completely open-kimono when it comes to helping you choose your undergarments. That’s why we’ve created a complete Bra Fit Experience, where you’ll find videos, tips for choosing the perfect bra, expert fit advice and more—like the Soma Bra Glossary. Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find there:
- Full Coverage Bra – Offers the most coverage in a bra, covering most of the bust.
- Average Coverage Bra – Covers about ½” to 1″ less of the bust than a Full Coverage Bra.
- Multi Way Bra – Features convertible straps that may be worn in multiple ways: strapless, halter, one-shoulder, and crisscross.
- Minimizer – A bra that reduces the bust from 1 to 3 inches for a slimmer profile.
- Band Size – The number of inches measured around your chest under your breasts.
- Cup Size – Refers to the breast cup size in your bra, designated in letters A and above.
- Bra Fitting – The best way to determine your true bra size. Visit any Soma boutique to be fitted for FREE by an Expert Fit Stylist, or use Soma’s Online Bra Fit Guide.
- Décolletage – The area of a woman’s chest just above her bust line.
- Ride Up – What occurs when a bra band shifts out of place, sacrificing support.
- Inner Sling – A rigid, curved strip of fabric sewn inside bra cups to provide additional support.
As Soma President Laurie Van Brunt says, “The right bra can change your world in an instant.” Explore Soma’s online resources and discover the difference!