I spend a lot of time thinking about fashion. In fact, some may say that I’m a bit obsessed. But I have to admit that before coming to Soma, I didn’t spend a lot of time thinking about my underwear, much less obsessing about it. I’d buy whatever looked OK and then suffer through the discomfort (i.e. pain), just because I didn’t spend the time to find the right panties for my body and my wardrobe. Now I know that wearing pretty, soft and comfortable underwear makes me look and FEEL better. Old, worn-out panties make me feel, well, old and worn out. Ladies, it’s time to clean out your top drawer! Here are some tips to get you started:
- If you prefer maximum coverage and expect your panties to hit right at your belly button, try a High Leg Brief or Modern Brief.
- Conversely, if you’re uncomfortable when your panties touch your belly button, choose a lower rise panty such as the Hipster, Bikini or even a Boy Short.
- We’ve all heard your feet can swell throughout the day, but did you know that it’s common for some women to experience leg swelling? If the leg opening of your panty feels tight or restricting as the day goes on, you may want to try a High Leg Brief, which sits higher on the hip.
- Remember that our weight can fluctuate throughout the month. To alleviate discomfort, or the dreaded “muffin-top”, purchase a few pairs of panties that are one size larger for when you feel you need some extra wiggle room.
- Thongs are comfortable, as long as they fit! If you can’t try on a particular style, make sure you reference the size chart to ensure a perfect fit. My favorite thong is Soma’s Amazing Lace. There’s spandex added to the lace so it molds to the body for a no-show look.