Friday’s royal wedding of Catherine Middleton to Prince William has inspired me to post about bridal lingerie. Have you ever hosted a lingerie shower or tried to buy romantic gifts for someone else? Buying something so intimate can be challenging. Here are a few tips:
- Analyze how well you know the bride. Try to find out her size and the kind of lingerie she typically likes to wear. Does she prefer silk to cotton? Does she lean towards the conservative or is she more adventurous?
- Remember who is attending the shower. The bride’s mother, grandmother or future mother-in-law could be in attendance so don’t give anything that could make the bride uncomfortable in front of her guests.
- Think about the colors she tends to wear. White is the obvious choice, and a good one, but don’t rule out choosing colors to complement her skin tone, like jewel tones, pastels and even black.
- Don’t limit yourself to the obvious. In addition to bras, panties, gowns and chemises, brides need casual sleepwear, robes and honeymoon basics like camis and even beach cover-ups.
- A gift card is always welcome. Give her the opportunity to buy something for herself that she may not otherwise buy.
- A bath or beauty item, lingerie wash or bag, either added to the gift or on its own, is a great option when buying for someone you don’t know that well, or don’t know their size.